Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jalapeno Sausages with Peppers

I usually make this dish with organic chicken and apple sausages, but this time I decided to try the spicy mango and jalapeno sausages, and it was a hit!  In fact, I think David and Devin both preferred the spicy flavor to the sweet.  It is very simple to make, and it goes great with the Chinese Coleslaw recipe I posted from March 20, 2012.  (I made a slightly different version of the coleslaw this time, and added in some zucchini).

CHICKEN SAUSAGE WITH PEPPERS

1 small onion, halved and sliced
1 sweet orange pepper, julienned
1 sweet red pepper, julienned
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 pkgs. (12 oz) organic chicken sausages

In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil for 1 minute.  Stir in sausages and heat through.  Add garlic toward end of cooking time.  Serves 3 to 4 people.  




No comments:

Post a Comment