Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Affirmations

A wise friend told me that I should write down some affirmations. Affirmations are statements that you repeat aloud every day. They are statements of how you want your life to be. You say them as if they were already true, believing that they eventually will be true. Even if you don't believe it 100%, they can still work if you faithfully say them daily. I have been doing this for a few months now, and I have seen changes starting to happen in my life. The changes are subtle and small, but I am starting to see the changes that I am trying to make manifest themselves. Here are a few of mine:

* I sleep well and get all the rest I need.
* My body is healthy and strong, and I am growing stronger every day.
* I have a calming influence on myself and those around me.
* I am organized and have plenty of time to do all that I need to do.
* I am always on time.
* I take extremely good care of myself and my family.
* I totally and completely love myself as I am right now.
* I trust in the Lord and rely on His strength rather than my own.

I plan to add some more affirmations to my list now that I have seen how powerful they can truly be in my life. I think they work because it helps to keep my goals firmly in my mind, and also because I think whatever you put out into the universe comes back to you. If you put positive energy out, it will return to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment