Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Capellini Pomodoro

My favorite light pasta dish to order at The Olive Garden is Capellini Pomodoro.  So I decided to see if I could create my own version at home.  I found the recipe on the Olive Garden website, and I changed it slightly to fit my taste.  I served it with a green salad and Olive Garden dressing that I bought at Sam's club.  I added 2 tbsp. of vinegar when I made it, but next time I think I will start with one and add more if it needs it.  I think you'll agree that this is an easy, zesty pasta dish!  Enjoy!

CAPELLINI POMODORO

14 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
8 medium roma tomatoes, diced very small
11 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic
6 Tbsp. olive oil
1-2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Black pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to directions on package.  Meanwhile, saute diced tomatoes, basil, garlic, oil, vinegar and pepper in a large skillet on low heat.  Drain pasta and toss in pan with tomato mixture.  Heat through and serve immediately.  


No comments:

Post a Comment