Friday, September 21, 2012

Fresh Peach Cobbler


I found this delicious recipe on the website of one of my teachers at IIN, Andrea Beaman.  She is a natural foods chef, TV personality, and fellow graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.  I had a ton of fresh peaches to use up last week, and this recipe was the perfect way to do that.  I'm not normally a cobbler person, but I even liked it, and my family loved it!

FRESH PEACH COBBLER

5-6 peaches, skinned and sliced thin
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. all purpose flour
Pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup peach nectar or water

Topping:  

1 cup oat flour
1/3 cup maple sugar
(I couldn't find that so I used coconut sugar)
1 tsp. baking powder
2 dashes cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
5-6 tbsp. unsalted butter

1.  Preheat oven to 375.

2.  Put peaches into 9x9 baking dish.

3.  Whisk vanilla, flour, sea salt, and nectar or water and drizzle over fruit.

4.  In separate bowl, combine oat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.

5. Work butter into the flour until crumbly.

6.  Sprinkle crumbles on top of peaches.

7.  Bake 40-45 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and crumble is nicely browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment