1. Antioxidants -- Found in brightly colored fruits and vegies, nuts, fish and whole grains. These boost your immune system, reduce damage caused by free-radicals, help prevent heart disease, macualar degeneration, diabetes and cancer.
2. Omega 3 Fats -- Found in flaxseed, walnuts, squash, soy, or in supplement form such as fish oil capsules. Improve brain function, promote healthy vascualar function, helps prevent Alzheimers and depression.
3. Fiber -- Found in oatmeal, whole grains, dry beans, raw fruits and vegies. Aids digestion, rids body of built up waste products, helps maintain or lose weight by feeling full longer.
4. Olive Oil -- Eat olives or cook with extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. per day. Promotes healthy skin and hair, lowers bad cholesterol, helps reduce risk of skin and breast cancers.
5. Multi-vitamin -- If you are a woman under 50, take one with iron. None of us gets the amount of vitamins and minerals we need from food, so be sure to take a supplement.